Federated Amazon Web Services access for users and tasks – grant fine grained permissions (using temporary credentials only) and integrate AWS into your JIRA and Bamboo DevOps workflows (Identity Broker/Token Vendor):
- Secure your AWS credentials – store long-term AWS security credentials with industry standard encryption without exposing them to your users (or add-ons).
- Empower your Atlassian users – provide Single Sign-On (SSO) to the AWS Management Console.
- Provide variables with AWS Security Credentials and Amazon ECR Authentication Credentials to AWS unaware tasks – leverage tools that are not integrated with Identity Federation for AWS, but accept credentials for AWS or the EC2 Container Registry (Docker) via the command line or environment variables.
- Integrate tailored AWS resources – use the REST API to provision AWS resources based on the Atlassian user name (e.g. a dedicated Amazon S3 bucket or EC2 instance per developer).
- Forget about distributing or revoking AWS credentials, yet control access to AWS resources – grant fine grained permissions for AWS resources to Atlassian users via via Identity and Access Management (IAM) policies, based on one or few sets of long-term AWS security credentials only. Never worry about team composition or employee leave, AWS resource permissions simply follow group membership changes.